Projects need to be based on strong foundations and the business case is key part of that foundation.
This one day event will enable individuals to write effective business cases.
- needs to write a business case for a project
- is a project manager or is part of a project team or a support staff function
- is a project sponsor who need to understand the significance of the business case
- staff in the project office
- Introduction to the business case – elements of the business planning process
- Benefits management – quantifying project benefits, the benefits profile, benefits realisation
- Identifying options – option comparisons, option selection
- Risk assessment – nature of project risk and risk management,
- Investment appraisal: net present value and discounted cash-flow, cost-benefit analysis
- Plans, Costs and timescales, creating the project plan, time and cost estimation, project scheduling.
- Workshop closure, action planning, identifying learning and areas to take back to the workplace
This is a practical workshop which will involve:
- group working
- individual working
- action planning
Each person receives a course handbook and links to free downloads.
For a PDF of the course with objectives and further details click here.